Table Of Contents
Grumpy mood, back pain, abdominal pain, and dozens of other discomforts that occur during menstruation plague women’s life. Having to worry about our periods, has been long enough. We need to take action!
Don’t worry, there are many extremely useful ways to prevent these bad effects that we will explain in this article. Here are the best ones.
4 Good tips to help prevent menstrual overflow
1. Choose pads of the right length and thickness
If you have a heavy menstrual flow, it is better to use a full-length, super-absorbent sanitary pad.
● You should choose sanitary pads with wings to ensure a tight grip on your vagina when sitting, lying down or walking.
● If the flow is normal/low, you should use regular pads and change it every 3 to 4 hours. If your period is heavy, you should change it more regularly. This helps prevent leakage as well as reduces the risk of infections.
2. Menstrual panties: the revolution for your menstrual cycle
For those who are worried about their health, their comfort and the planet, this is the best way to be safe during the period. These menstrual panties have been regarded as the best protection to wear during your period.
Menstrual underwear is a special type of underwear with a smart 4-layer design to help protect your lady part and prevent menstrual overflow.
● The first layer has good absorbency.
● The second is an ultra-breathable layer that helps prevent odor and keeps you dry.
● The third layer is the waterproof layer.
● The fourth layer is holding the other layers for extreme durability and absolute comfort
In particular, the product is made from antibacterial fabric technology to help reduce bacteria, deodorize and fight infection. Therefore, menstrual underwear can be used for 10 hours and reused for 3-5 years.
● To clean is very simple: hand wash with cold water, then machine wash, hang out to dry and reuse.
Currently, menstrual underwear is widely sold on the market with prices ranging from 450,000 VND to 800,000 VND. You just need to buy a few (1, 3 or 6 panties) to use during your period, for pregnancy discharges, postpartum or urinary incontinence.
3. The menstrual cup experience
Most menstrual cups are made of medical-grade silicone. The cup shape is designed to fit into the vagina and safely hold the flow of menstruation inside. In particular, the menstrual cup can be used for 6-12 hours in the body and is suitable for those with a heavy flow.
Using a menstrual cup will help you feel confident in your daily activities, but not all women feel comfortable using the cup and some of them experience leakage while using it due to using the wrong size. On top of that, it can also be quite hard to remove and insert.
4. Don’t forget to try Tampon!
Tampon has a round tube shape design to fit your vagina safely and helps prevent menstrual overflow effectively. The product is highly suitable for those who are active and enjoy activities such as swimming, jogging… No need to worry about tampons falling or overflowing.
A few things to remember during menstruation
To make your period go smoothly, keep in mind a few things:
1. Limit exercise compared to normal days
If your choice is tampons or menstrual cups, please note that you should limit exercise during your period to avoid leakage.
However, you don’t necessarily have to sit. Walk around and do gentle yoga exercises – it will help relax your mind, and reduce back pain and abdominal pain effectively.
● If your job requires a lot of activities, you should use menstrual underwear or tampon to create more comfort and confidence.
2. Wear looser and darker clothes
On your period, wearing loose and dark-colored clothes will make you feel more confident. If you experience leakage, the stains on dark clothes will be difficult to see. At the same time, cleaning is also easier.
Be proud of your period
Remember: your period is completely normal, you shouldn’t be ashamed of it. Even if you experience leakage, there is nothing to be ashamed of. Of course, leakage in a crowded place will make you feel embarrassed, but one of the solutions above might reduce that risks and help you enjoy your life.
Wishing you happiness, comfort, and health always!